The Bulkley Valley Nordic Centre includes:
- way over 45 km of groomed trails, of which over 5.5 kilometres are lit, and 7 kilometres are dog-friendly
- an impressive two-storey day lodge -- the Buchfink Family Memorial Ski Lodge
- a caretaker’s cabin with full-time caretaker
- a waxing "hut" built as a memorial to Gary Murdoch
- a new biathlon cabin adjacent the biathlon range
- maintenance buildings
- a large staging area for instruction, training and events
- a concrete underpass beneath Hudson Bay Mountain Road, providing a safer crossing to Pine Creek trails and the dog trailsd their four-legged friends
New in 2015 is a trail that links the staging area to the underpass without having to cross any roads!
- Buchfink Lodge and upper parking lot: 8:00am to 9:45pm
- Trail lights: on until 9:30pm
- Lower parking lot is always available
The Nordic Centre is operated by the Bulkley Valley Cross Country Ski Club, entirely through the volunteer labour of ski club members, who always offer a warm welcome to visitors.
Every trail is groomed for both classic and skate skiing and maintained regularly with state-of-the art grooming equipment. The trails are well-marked, with terrain ranging from rolling to rugged.
Night skiing is provided on 5.5 kilometres of lit track and is popular with the after-work crowd because of the centre’s close proximity to town. Lights are on until 9:30pm daily.
The dog trails – Pooch Paradise & Hound Heaven– provide 7 kms of trail to be enjoyed by the whole family, including four-legged members!
Work is underway on an updated map brochure. In the meantime, you can download our 2007 Trail Map.